Monday, October 8, 2012

A New Page of Wonder


When I first came to university, there was this sudden rush of adrenaline running all through my body. It was like a start of something new and of a new chapter. However, back then, I did not know much about certain things. It truly is a different world, much different than high school

Everyone is protected in a bubble in high school, but suddenly that bubble is going to burst once they’ve come to university. In university, you have to learn how to be independent, meaning that you should depend on yourself to get things done. However, back in high school, everything was handed to you. You won’t be spoon-fed now. Everything is much more serious now. No one will take responsibility for you if you are running late for class, missing class, or even not handing in your assignments on time or even at all. It is completely your own responsibility. It is your future and not theirs. Everything is fair and square, if you are late then they mark you absent right away, if you miss a quiz or hand in an assignment late, they have the absolute right to mark you 0. This is just the way it is and how it is supposed to be. All of this, was a sudden drift for me, it was like a change of environment. I wish I knew back then that it is not really that easy adapting to a new environment.

This is the time where your life really changes. It is the time when shaping your life starts. You start learning new things, start being more understanding, and start making a new circle of friends. This is how you find your interests

Another thing that I really had wished that I have known back then is all the facilities that a university offers to its students. I really never knew about so many things in my university when I first came up until later. I never knew about the help desk for computers, the exercise classes in the gym, and the counselors that tend to help you with your issues. I also never knew that the careers office could help students find jobs out of university. I probably never bothered learning about my university because it was my last choice, but in the end it turned out to be a really great choice. This is why it is very important to research and learn about everything that your university can offer you... And everything will be a piece of cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment